by Russell A. Barkley, PhD
Now in a revised and expanded third edition, this handbook presents the latest knowledge on the nature, diagnosis, assessment, and treatment of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
Now in a revised and expanded third edition, this handbook presents the latest knowledge on the nature, diagnosis, assessment, and treatment of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Provided are state-of-the-art guidelines for understanding and managing the challenges ADHD poses to children, adolescents, and adults in a range of settings. Featuring a new chapter on combined therapies, the third edition is the most comprehensive, authoritative, and up-to-date work in the field. Note: Practitioners wishing to implement the assessment and treatment recommendations delineated in the Handbook are advised to purchase the companion Workbook, which contains a full set of forms, questionnaires, and handouts, in a large-size format with permission to photocopy.
"This is an outstanding book. Russell Barkley has provided a reasonable and even-handed guide to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). It is readable, up-to-date, and will inform the psychiatrist about behavior therapy and the psychologist about drug treatment. It will help everyone with educational placement and classroom management. This is the most comprehensive and useful book on ADHD that has been published to date."
-Judith L. Rapoport, M.D., Chief of Child Psychiatry, NIMH
" Most impressive....Barkley has put together a definitive up-to-date summary of our knowledge of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder that is enhanced by 53 pages of references. This book is a must for any clinician or researcher concerned with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder." Practitioners wishing to implement the assessment and treatment recommendations delineated in this edition are advised to purchase the companion workbook, HandbookAttention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Third Edition: A Clinical Workbook, which contains a full set of forms, questionnaires, and handouts, in a large-size format, with permission to photocopy.
-Journal of Clinical Psychiatry
See Companion Workbook: ADHD: A Clinical Workbook, Second Edition
777 pages; 7 X 10; hard bound
I. The Nature of ADHD
1. History, Russell A. Barkley
2. Primary Symptoms, Diagnostic Criteria, Prevalence, and Gender Differences, Russell A. Barkley
3. Associated Cognitive, Developmental, and Health Problems, Russell A. Barkley
4. Comorbid Disorders, Social and Family Adjustment, and Subtyping, Russell A. Barkley
5. Etiologies, Russell A. Barkley
6. ADHD in Adults: Developmental Course and Outcome of Children with ADHD, and ADHD in Clinic-Referred Adults, Russell A. Barkley
7. A Theory of ADHD, Russell A. Barkley
8. Diagnostic Interview, Behavior Rating Scales, and the Medical Examination, Russell A. Barkley and Gwenyth Edwards
9. Tests and Observational Measures, Michael Gordon, Russell A. Barkley, and Ben Lovett
10. Integrating the Results of an Evaluation: Ten Clinical Cases, William L. Hathaway, Jodi K. Dooling-Litfin, and Gwenyth Edwards
11. Assessment of Adults with ADHD, Kevin R. Murphy and Michael Gordon
12. Counseling and Training Parents, Arthur D. Anastopoulos, Laura Hennis Rhoads, and Suzanne E. Farley
13. COPE: Large-Group, Community-Based, Family-Centered Parent Training, Charles E. Cunningham
14. Training Families with Adolescents with ADHD,
Arthur L. Robin
15. Treatment of ADHD in School Settings, Linda Pfiffner, Russell A. Barkley, and George J. DuPaul
16. Student-Mediated Conflict Resolution Programs, Charles E. Cunningham and Lesley J. Cunningham
17. Stimulants, Daniel F. Connor
18. Antidepressant and Specific Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitor Treatments, Thomas J. Spencer
19. Other Medications, Daniel F. Connor
20. Combined Child Therapies, Bradley H. Smith, Russell A. Barkley, and Cheri J. Shapiro
21. Psychological Counseling of Adults with ADHD,
Kevin R. Murphy
22. Pharmacotherapy of ADHD in Adults, Jefferson B. Prince, Timothy E. Wilens, Thomas J. Spencer, and Joseph Biederman
Stock- Usually ships in 3-4 business days.