by Edited by Edna B. Foa, Terence M. Keane, Matthew J. Friedman, and Judith A. Cohen
Developed under the auspices of the PTSD Treatment Guidelines Task Force of the International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies, this tightly edited work is the definitive best-practice reference for practitioners caring for any trauma population.
Developed under the auspices of the PTSD Treatment Guidelines Task Force of the International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies, this tightly edited work is the definitive best-practice reference for practitioners caring for any trauma population. Leading clinical scientists thoroughly review the clinical and research literature on widely used therapeutic approaches. Succinct treatment guidelines are then presented that feature standardized ratings of the evidence for each approach. The second edition has been revised and expanded to incorporate important advances in the field, including a wealth of new data on child and adolescent therapies.
New to This Edition
- Expanded with six additional chapters on child and adolescent treatments.
- Adult chapters are fully updated (or rewritten) to reflect the rapidly growing evidence base.
- New chapter on treating other psychiatric problems that co-occur with PTSD.
- More coverage of early intervention and prevention.
"Foa et al. help clinicians figure out what kinds of interventions will be most helpful for a wide range of clients suffering from PTSD-an area where science-based guidance is urgently needed. They offer specific guidelines for designing and implementing treatments and managing crisis situations, all backed by clinical research. Frankly, Foa and her colleagues are the best in the business!"
-Marsha M. Linehan, PhD, ABPP, Professor and Director, Behavioral Research and Therapy Clinics, University of Washington
"Without question, this is the definitive reference for anyone interested in the treatment of PTSD. The editors and contributors are leaders in the field whose clinical experience really shows. The need for good information about effective treatments for PTSD is even greater now than it was when the book was originally published, and the incorporation of significant new research and new topics make the second edition even more valuable. Even those who tend to dislike treatment guidelines are likely to appreciate this book. It captures what we know but also acknowledges what we don't yet know, and captures the complexities of treating real patients. This is an indispensable resource."
-Dean G. Kilpatrick, PhD, Distinguished University Professor of Clinical Psychology and Director, National Crime Victims Research and Treatment Center, Medical University of South Carolina
"This marvelous update to the standard-setting prior edition provides all the information that practitioners and researchers need on the diagnosis and treatment of PTSD in children, adolescents, and adults. The volume systematically covers the field for readers seeking an up-to-date summary of the evidence. At the same time, it is a highly accessible reference for those who have specific questions. It is easy to read from beginning to end. Highly recommended."
-John S. March, MD, MPH, Chief of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Director, Program in Child Affective and Anxiety Disorders, Duke University
1. Introduction, Edna B. Foa, Terence M. Keane, Matthew J. Friedman, and Judith A. Cohen
I. Assessment and Diagnosis of Ptsd
2. Assessment and Diagnosis of Adults, Frank W. Weathers, Terence M. Keane, and Edna B. Foa
3. Assessment of Children, Victor Balaban
II. Early Interventions: Treatment of Asd and Prevention of Chronic Ptsd
4. Psychological Debriefing for Adults, Jonathan I. Bisson, Alexander C. McFarlane, Suzanna Rose, Josef I. Ruzek, and Patricia J. Watson
5. Acute Interventions for Children and Adolescents Exposed to Trauma, Melissa J. Brymer, Alan M. Steinberg, Eric M. Vernberg, Christopher M. Layne, Patricia J. Watson, Anne Jacobs, Josef I. Ruzek, and Robert S. Pynoos
6. Early Cognitive-Behavioral Interventions for Adults, Brett T. Litz and Richard A. Bryant
III. Treatment Approaches For Chronic Ptsd
7. Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Adults, Shawn P. Cahill, Barbara Olasov Rothbaum, Patricia A. Resick, and Victoria M. Follette
8. Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Children and Adolescents, Judith A. Cohen, Anthony P. Mannarino, Esther Deblinger, and Lucy Berliner
9. Psychopharmacotherapy for Adults, Matthew J. Friedman, Jonathan R. T. Davidson, and Dan J. Stein
10. Psychopharmacotherapy for Children and Adolescents, Craig L. Donnelly
11. Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing, C. Richard Spates, Ellen Koch, Karen Cusack, Sherry Pagoto, and Stacey Waller
12. Group Therapy, M. Tracie Shea, Meghan McDevitt-Murphy, David J. Ready, and Paula P. Schnurr
13. School-Based Treatment for Children and Adolescents, Lisa H. Jaycox, Bradley D. Stein, and Lisa Amaya-Jackson
14. Psychodynamic Therapy for Adults, Harold S. Kudler, Janice L. Krupnick, Arthur S. Blank Jr., Judith L. Herman, and Mardi J. Horowitz
15. Psychodynamic Therapy for Child Trauma, Alicia F. Lieberman, Chandra Ghosh Ippen, and Steven Marans
16. Psychosocial Rehabilitation, Shirley M. Glynn, Charles Drebing, and Walter Penk
17. Hypnosis, Etzel Carde a, Jos R. Maldonado, Onno van der Hart, and David Spiegel
18. Couple and Family Therapy for Adults, David S. Riggs, Candice M. Monson, Shirley M. Glynn, and John Canterino
19. Creative Therapies for Adults, David Read Johnson, Mooli Lahad, and Amber Gray
20. Creative Arts Therapies for Children, Robin F. Goodman, Linda M. Chapman, and Linda Gantt
21. Treatment of PTSD and Comorbid Disorders, Lisa M. Najavits, Donna Ryngala, Sudie E. Back, Elisa Bolton, Kim T. Mueser, and Kathleen T. Brady
IV. Treatment Guidelines
1. Psychological Debriefing for Adults
2. Acute Interventions for Children and Adolescents
3. Early Cognitive-Behavioral Interventions for Adults
4. Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Adults
5. Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Children and Adolescents
6. Pharmacotherapy for Adults
7. Pharmacotherapy for Children and Adolescents
8. Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
9. Group Therapy
10. School-Based Treatment for Children and Adolescents
11. Psychodynamic Therapy for Adults
12. Psychodynamic Therapy for Children
13. Psychosocial Rehabilitation
15. Couple and Family Therapy for Adults
16. Creative Therapies for Adults
17. Creative Therapies for Children
18. Treatment of PTSD and Comorbid Disorders
22. Integration and Summary, Matthew J. Friedman, Judith A. Cohen, Edna B. Foa, and Terence M. Keane
604 Pages, Size: 6 1/8" x 9 1/4"
Stock: Usually ships in 4-8 business days!