by Edward L. Zuckerman
Providing essential recordkeeping and risk-reduction tools that every psychotherapy practice needs, this highly practical resource is now in a fully updated fourth edition.
Providing essential recordkeeping and risk-reduction tools that every psychotherapy practice needs, this highly practical resource is now in a fully updated fourth edition. It is ideal for new practitioners who want to hit the ground running and for seasoned pros who want to streamline their paperwork and clinical efficiency. Presented are methods for assuring informed consent and documenting treatment planning and progress; advice on structuring fees, billing, coping with managed care, and marketing; forms and guidelines to facilitate HIPAA compliance; links to useful websites; and much more. More than 60 reproducible forms and handouts in a ready-to-use, large-size format can be copied from the book or customized and printed from the accompanying CD-ROM.
New in This Edition
- Updated throughout for today's practice environment
- All forms on CD-ROM can now be modified to suit each book buyer's needs
- Increased coverage of HIPAA rules and how to implement them
- New forms: Notice of Privacy Practices (short and long) and HIPAA Consent
- Now provides office safety guidelines
- How to set up a website for a therapy practice
"Once again, Zuckerman illuminates the complexities of the day-to-day operation of clinical practice. Among other areas, readers will find the currency of the sections on suicide, violence, and the duty to protect and warn especially useful and informative. From informed consent through termination and record storage, this is an important, 'must-read' text and resource manual for practitioners and clinical trainees alike."
-James R. Rogers, PhD, Co-Training Director, Collaborative Program in Counseling Psychology, University of Akron
"The fourth edition incorporates changes in clinical practice, changes in relevant case law and statutes, and updated references to the literature. Zuckerman assists the clinician in developing and maintaining a state-of-the-art clinical practice, including record-keeping procedures that cover everything from each step of the treatment process through the closing of your practice at retirement. I have relied on The Paper Office for years, and will use the ideas in this newest edition to update my current practice! I recommend that clinicians from all areas of mental health embrace the ideas and consider using the forms contained in this highly useful book."
-Jonathan W. Gould, PhD, ABPP, private practice, Charlotte, North Carolina
464 pages, Size: 8.5" x 11" book + CD-ROM (for PC or Mac)
List of Figures, Forms, and Handouts
1. Basic Paperwork and Communication Tools
2. Financial Tools and Procedures
3. Reducing Malpractice Risk by Operating Ethically
4. Getting Informed Consent
5. Intake and Assessment Forms and Procedures
6. Planning and Then Documenting Treatment
7. Confidentiality and Releasing Records
* Appendices: Resources
* CD-ROM with Forms and Instructions
Stock: Usually ships in 4-8 business days!